Monday 19 August 2013

How would you like to spend your wedding day ?

I've had a quite a few nightmare conversations recently with couples who have been to weddings where the photographer has completely taken over the wedding.

One couple went to a wedding which was at 1pm and they didn't sit down to eat until 7pm as photographs were being taken at the church for over 2 hours then the Bride and Groom posed for over 2 hours at the reception. Other couples have stood for over 2 hours for group pictures and others have been to weddings where the bride and groom have been missing for over 2 hours from their own wedding posing for photographs.

Another couple I met at a wedding fair had decided not to have a photographer because they had been to weddings where the photographer had taken over. Now i'm not saying that all other photographers are bad and i'm the only one who won't take over , I would just like to explain to you that if i'm the photographer at your wedding this won't happen !

I'll start the day ( only if you request ) with some preparation pictures , including details, but definitely won't get in the way and will make sure you have the space to get ready in your own time.



 
 











Sometimes even pets like to get in on the action !
 




 
Then its off to see the groom. I definitely don't like to make the chaps feel silly so I don't do jazz hands or make them jump up in air ! lots more natural pictures and the odd posed one with the ushers and best man.
 
 
 






 



 
And I even like to capture a little emotion if possible ...
 
 
Then the bride arrives and I photograph the ceremony. I try to stay unobtrusive, using a long lens and just capturing moments.
 









 
During the ceremony I also like to catch reactions and emotions from family members and bridal party.
 










 
After the ceremony I like to capture the happiness of your day, I don't take you straight off for photographs but leave you to have time with your family and friends to be congratulated and have confetti thrown !
 










And then it's time for Bride and groom to have 10 minutes away having a few photographs together, 10 to 15 minutes max , not 2 hours ! even then not over posed, still quite natural.
 

























 
The transport...
 

 













 
I do feel a few family groups are important and a group of everybody at the wedding.
 


 

 
Also important to get shots of the bridal party...
 
 








 
Details of the reception....
 











 
 
 

 
The speeches...
 























 
Natural shots of guests enjoying themselves....
 












 







 
 Cutting the cake ....
 



 
And finally the first dance.....
 











So to sum up if you would like the happiness of your wedding day captured without posing for hours and missing big chunks of your wedding day please get in touch to discuss your day with me, details on my website www.weddingsalive.co.uk, Many Thanks, Ruth x

No comments:

Post a Comment